Frequently asked questions
WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A RAYMOND WEIL WATCH?
You can purchase a RAYMOND WEIL watch from our network of authorised dealers or on the official RAYMOND WEIL store.
To locate your nearest authorised dealer, please go to the Store Locator section of our website.
HOW CAN I BE SURE I AM BUYING A GENUINE RAYMOND WEIL WATCH?
First, make sure you buy your watch from the official RAYMOND WEIL store or through as authorised dealer and ask for the guarantee card duly filled in and stamped by the authorised dealer who sells you the watch. A unique serial number is engraved at the back of all RAYMOND WEIL watches.
ARE RAYMOND WEIL WATCHES SOLD OVER THE INTERNET?
We only sell our watches through our the official RAYMOND WEIL store and network of authorised dealers and on. Some of them do have an official website on which they may sell RAYMOND WEIL watches. To locate your nearest authorised dealer, please go to the Store Locator section of our website.
WHERE SHOULD I SEND A RAYMOND WEIL WATCH THAT NEEDS TO BE SERVICED?
I NEED TO CHANGE THE BRACELET OF MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH OR ADD SOME LINKS TO IT. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
Simply take your watch back to your local authorized dealer.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CHRONOGRAPH AND A CHRONOMETER?
WHAT IS AN AUTOMATIC WATCH?
IS IT USUAL FOR AN AUTOMATIC WATCH TO RUN A FEW SECONDS LATE OR EARLY EVERY DAY?
Automatic movements are not as accurate as quartz movements and they can indeed run a little early or late. The precision of an automatic movement can be affected by several factors such as: temperature, humidity, magnetic fields or simply by the wearer’s activities. All RAYMOND WEIL watches are tested and do not allow an interval that does not range between -5 to +20 seconds per day.
If your watch is running significantly early or late, please contact your nearest authorized service centre.
WHAT TYPE OF WATCH WINDER WOULD YOU RECOMMEND AND HOW SHOULD I USE IT?
RAYMOND WEIL does not provide watch winders.
All RAYMOND WEIL automatic watches can be wound with a rotating watch winder (of the Cyclotest type). It is the most common type of watch winder. It causes the watch to rotate, which allows the oscillating weight to move, thus recharging the mechanism.
We recommend you set your watch winder to 4 turns per minute. This should be sufficient to recharge your watch in 5 to 6 hours.
Other types of watch winders exist, in particular a model that recharges the mechanism by turning the crown, but we do not recommend this type of watch winder as it can damage the mechanism of your watch.
WHEN I TRY TO REGISTER TO THE WEIL CLUB, I AM TOLD THE SERIAL NUMBER OF MY WATCH IS NOT VALID. DOES THAT MEAN MY WATCH IS A COUNTERFEIT?
Sometimes the system does not recognize a serial number but that does not mean your watch is a counterfeit. If you need any assistance on that matter, please contact the WEIL Club (email@example.com) and attach a photo of the back of the watch showing the serial number or copy of the guarantee card. The WEIL Club will then take care of your registration.
I CANNOT FIND MY WATCH ON YOUR WEBSITE. DOES THAT MEAN IT IS A COUNTERFEIT OR A DISCONTINUED MODEL?
The fact that your watch does not appear on our website does not necessarily mean it is a counterfeit or a discontinued model. Indeed, our website displays a selection of all RAYMOND WEIL watches available around the world: some references may not appear on our website but nevertheless be available through our network of authorized dealers.
If you are concerned with the authenticity of your watch, please make sure you bought it from one of our authorised dealers and were given the warranty card bearing the name and address of the seller, as well as its stamp and the date of purchase. Your watch should also bear a unique serial number engraved on the back of the case which guarantees its authenticity. If you still have doubts, you can use the Contact us form below to send us a message, including the serial number of your watch.
DO YOU HAVE SPARE PARTS FOR MY OLD RAYMOND WEIL WATCH?
HOW CAN I OBTAIN INFORMATION ON A DISCONTINUED RAYMOND WEIL WATCH AND CAN I GET AN APPRAISAL?
HOW CAN I OBTAIN THE PRICE OF MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES?
WHAT DOES THE GUARANTEE INCLUDE AND EXCLUDE?
This limited guarantee covers the defects in material or resulting from manufacturing of the watch for two years from the date of purchase.
Are excluded from this limited warranty of the manufacturer:
- Battery, crystal, strap;
- Damage resulting from an accident, normal wear, negligence, misuse, abuse or from the intervention of any person not authorised by RAYMOND WEIL S.A. or its representatives;
- Loss and theft;
- Incidental or consequential damage arising from the failure or malfunction of the watch as well as from any inappropriate usage, lack of precision, malfunction or lack of conformity of the watch.
Please click on this link to read the current guarantee policy.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH BE SERVICED?
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REPAIR MY WATCH?
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO MAKE SURE MY RAYMOND WEIL WATCH CONTINUES TO FUNCTION FOR A LONG TIME?
1. Keep your watch clean with a soft dry cloth.
2. Avoid contact with perfumes, spirits or petroleum products as these may damage seals, case or bracelet.
3. Ensure that the crown, which is used to change the hands and/or date, is properly pushed in and/or screwed at all times. This prevents penetration by water or dust.
4. Avoid abrasions as scratching may eventually affect the case and bracelet.
5. If you are about to undertake heavy physical work, remove your watch.
6. If your watch has a leather strap do not wear it too tightly fastened or expose it to water, unless the strap is water resistant.
7. Avoid subjecting your watch to rapid changes in temperature.
8. When not being worn, keep your watch in a cool dry place.
9. Batteries should last for up to three years. If your watch needs a new battery please attend to this immediately as dead cells can harm the movement.
10. A water resistant model should have its seals checked at least every 2 years and annually if the watch is worn whilst bathing to ensure its water resistance.
11. Your watch must be returned to an authorized dealer for servicing and any other necessary repairs.
I CREATED AN ACCOUNT ON YOUR WEBSITE BUT DIDN’T RECEIVE THE CONFIRMATION EMAIL. HOW SHOULD I PROCEED?
1. Please check your spam or junk mail box, the confirmation email may have been automatically redirected.
2. You might have made a spelling mistake in your email address. In this case, we suggest you create a new account.
WHERE CAN I FIND MY WATCH SERIAL NUMBER ?
I TRIED TO REGISTER MY WATCH BUT MY SERIAL NUMBER WAS NOT RECOGNISED. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
We invite you to send a picture of the case-back of your watch or a picture of your Guarantee Card with the serial number clearly identifiable to firstname.lastname@example.org